Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is a co-payment?
A fixed amount you pay for a covered healthcare service.
2. What is a deductible?
The amount you pay for healthcare services before your health insurance begins to pay.
3. What is co-insurance?
You share of the costs of a health care service. This is usually seen as a percentage of the amount allowed to be charged for the services. You start paying your coinsurance after you've paid your plan's deductible.
4. What is an in-network provider?
Refers to providers, health care facilities and medical transportation that are part of a health plan's network which have negotiated a discounted rate.
5. What is an out-of-network provider? refers to providers, health care facilities and medical transportation that are not part of a health plans network and do not have a discounted rate.
6. Primary Insurance vs. Secondary Insurance:
Primary insurance is the first insurance that pays up to the limits of the plans coverage. Secondary insurance only pay if there are costs the primary did not cover (The secondary payer may not cover all the uncovered costs. Copay's and deductibles still need to be met with a secondary insurance).
7. Who is Novitas Solutions?
Novitas Solution is Medicare. When you see Novitas Solutions as a payer on your Stadium Medical bill this simply means Medicare has paid their portion.
8. Blue Cross Blue Shield Out-of-State plans and Federal Blue Cross Blue Shield plans:
Due to us being an out-of-network provider your insurance will mail you a check for the amount they are going to cover. Please deposit the check and then make the payment to us by phone, mail or online.
9. Does Stadium Medical offer payment assistance on wheelchair and ambulance bills?
Yes! Call the billing department and we will assist you in setting up a payment plan. (Please note that we do not send out monthly statements. We encourage our patients to set a reminder in your cell phone if you are making monthly payments by phone, mail or online).
10. What forms of payment does Stadium Medical accept?
We accept VISA, Mastercard, personal checks and money orders. Patients can also make payments online at www.stadiummedical.com.
11. Where does Stadium Medical get my personal information from?
Here at Stadium Medical we receive all of the patient's personal information from the hospital and/or facility we transport you from. If you see any information that is incorrect please call the billing department so that we can update your account.